The 6th Nihongo Taiken Contest in Kuala Lumpur
The 6th Nihongo Taiken Contest in Kuala Lumpur
This contest allows non-Japanese natives a chance to participate in a contest that uses Japanese throughout the event!
5 winners will be chosen to represent Malaysia in an all expense paid 8 days & 7 nights trip to Tokyo in early 2021 (exact date to be confirmed).
※ VENUE UPDATE ※
The contest will be held at The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur. (updated on 27 May)
- Answer 30 MCQs (no specific theme/topics).
- MCQs will be provided on paper, host will also read out all questions & answers aloud during this round.
- Around 15 – 25 highest scorers will advance to the final round.
- Finalists will be required to prepare a 3-minute speech (on the spot) based on the 3 topics given.
- Topics (no specific theme) will only be revealed on the contest day.
The 5th Nihongo Taiken Contest in Kuala Lumpur held on 22 August (Thu) last year
16 years old (born in year 2004) & above and currently residing in Malaysia
jlpt n4 proficiency & above
Passed the exam or have JLPT N4 proficiency & above
Able to Participate
Able to participate the contest on 27 Aug (Thu) & the winning tour in early 2021 if chosen as one of the winners
Able to obtain visa
Not barred from entering Japan
Fill-in the online application form with the required details.
※Kindly ensure that the details are official & complete, example
- Name as per MyKad/Passport.
- Name of School in full
(e.g. ✔ A to Z Language Centre, ✖ ATOZ).
Upload the following documents according to the instructions given
- MyKad/Passport Copy – as proof of citizenship, follow instructions to black-out sensitive information before uploading.
- Passport-format Photo – white background, formal/professionally taken photo (✖selfie).
Submit your form and receive confirmation message (LINE app)from the person-in-charge.
Participate in the contest on 27 August 2020 (Thu) at The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur!
15 May (Fri) - 3 July 2020 (Fri)
※ Due to restrictions by the Malaysian government, application period may close earlier than scheduled once the maximum number of participants is reached.
※ Late submissions will not be entertained; incomplete forms/insufficient documents will be disqualified.
5 winners (tentatively)
8 Days & 7 Nights
All Expense Paid Trip to Tokyo
The Nihon Taiken Ryoko held in January this year
15 winners (tentatively)
There are no specific themes/topics for the MCQs.
We are in the midst of getting the organizer’s permission to upload the past year questions here.
No, the topics will only be revealed on the contest day.
No, the contest will be held entirely in Japanese.
※This is why minimum JLPT N4 proficiency is required.
It is scheduled to end by 5:00pm.
Yes, if you can hold a proper conversation in Japanese.
※ Please understand that this is necessary because you have to present entirely in Japanese if you advance to the Final Round.
Yes, if you
- are a citizen of Malaysia (your MyKad is blue & your passport is issued by the Malaysian government).
- are currently residing in Malaysia (you are not living/studying in Japan).
Based on past contests, the winners were not chosen based on how fluent their Japanese were, but how interesting & well-structured (points) they presented the topics in the final round.
In short, even having JLPT N1 does not guarantee that you will become one of the winners.
- LINE allows for files to be kept in a note (folder) that you can access at all times; the files will not be automatically deleted after a period of time.
- LINE allows for reminders to be set.
- Winners will also be kept informed through another group chat in LINE.
No, there will be no transportation and accommodation allowances for all participants.
No, the date will be determined by the organizer.
If you are chosen as one of the winners but you are unable to join the trip for any reason, your prize will be forfeited and no replacements will be given.
No. You are required to follow the itinerary given.
For safety reasons, all participants are also expected to move in groups during the “free & easy sessions”.
Yes, but only if you have never won the grand prize (trip to Japan) before.
Kindly inform our person-in-charge right away.
Failure to do so may result in your name being black-listed for future events.
Yes, of course!
Yes, participation certificates will be given to all participants at the end of the event.
Due to the guidelines given by the government of Malaysia, we are only accepting 45 participants this year.
As such, we seek for your cooperation to only register if you fulfill all the requirements & is able to participate in the contest on Thursday, 27 August (please take note that it’s going to be held on a Thursday!).
※ We will issue an official letter to your school/company to inform of your participation if required.
Kindly contact our person-in-charge, Ms. Regina at
011-366-98-366 (LINE preferred).